Want that sun kissed look without experiencing the dangers of tanning beds? A spray tan is the perfect way to achieve a beautiful glow in a healthy way. Many think that spray tans will leave you streaked and orange. This can be the case if the spray tan is not applied correctly. At View Salon and Spa we use an airbrush system and apply all tans on by hand to prevent streaking and that orange glow. A spray tan application take about 20 minutes and last for about 2 weeks. To get the most out of your tan it is important to follow our pre and post care tips.
Pre Care Tips
- Before each session it is important to shower, exfoliate, and shave/remove any unwanted hair.
- Do not wear make-up, lotion, deodorant or perfume to your spray tan session.
- Make sure you come to your spray tan with loose fitting clothes to leave in.
Post Care Tips
- Leave wearing loose fitting clothing.
- Allow the tan to set for 6 hours before showering.
- No sweating, exercising or getting wet until after your first shower.
- When you are ready to shower, avoid exfoliating your skin.
- When drying off, be sure to pat the skin dry instead of rubbing with a towel.
- Moisturize the skin well. Dry skin will flake and peel, causing your tan to fade.
- Face washes containing salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide are not recommended because they will eat away at your tan.